Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Burnt but not bitter

I was watching Oprah this morning and it was about men who were caught cheating. How they got caught, what they felt during the affair, stuff like that. I watched the whole show because I can relate to these women.
Yes, I was one of the many women who was cheated on. A statistic.


Not by my husband, but by someone from a previous relationship. It was THE hardest thing I had to go through. I have never been cheated on before, and all those feelings I felt were new to me. It took 3 to 4 years for me to get over the angst, before I can truly say that I forgave him. A long time, i know.
I don't want to elaborate further, but going through that experince has made me a better person. You see things differently. For me, being cheated on is a sort of test to the "real relationship world". It could make or break you.


I passed with flying colors.

No comments: